SPORT DIVISION ADMINISTRATOR (DEVELOPMENT)
Reporting to the Skating Development Director, the Sport Division Administrator (Development) is responsible for executing on the administrative functions for programs and projects of the Sport Division with emphasis on the Development programs. This is a full time position and is based at the Skate Canada Ottawa office.
- Provides telephone and e-mail screening and responds to inquiries; reading, researching and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents, collecting, analysing and processing information; and providing advanced word processing skills.
- Organize, prepare and communicate information to coaches, clubs, skaters and parents regarding policies and procedures within development context.
- Monitor and track financial transactions and compare to the budget.
- Maintain a master calendar of project and process deadlines for department, plan and schedule meetings, teleconferences, and liaise with other departments regarding tasks and projects.
- Prepare committee meetings or conference calls, including facility requirements and materials and serve as staff contact for committees. Attend meetings, record minutes and produce final copy according to Association’s Style guide.
- Prepare, or assist with preparing, activities within the Sport Division as assigned.
- Maintain member listings for all committees as assigned.
- Assist with the preparation and coordination of coaching or skating program material required by funding partners.
- Assist with monitoring program delivery at the member organization level and assist with tasks and projects focused on helping communicate and support program delivery standards.
- Help organize and execute all communication postings for the department as defined in the Corporate Operating Procedures.
- Provide administrative support to the Chief Sport Officer as required
- Other duties as needed by direct Manager or Director.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE and KEY SKILLS
- Minimum 12 months experience in an equivalent administrative position.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Bilingual – demonstrated ability to work in both official languages (English/French).
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong organization skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently and work as part of a team.
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a professional and confidential manner.
- Excellent keyboarding and editing skills.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience and knowledge of figure skating development and/or sport delivery an asset.
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Some overtime required to meet deadlines and objectives.
Candidates are asked to send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Tuesday, June 24, 2014. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.