POWER SKATING COORDINATOR
Reporting to the Skating Development Director, the Power Skating Coordinator is responsible for coordinating, monitoring and providing advice to the design and delivery of Power Skating programs in Canada. This position may be based in the Toronto or Ottawa office of Skate Canada. This is a full time, four-year term position.
- Monitors all Power Skating programs offered through other organizations, provides regular analysis of Skate Canada’s technical (curriculum and coaching) position in the Power Skating market place.
- Coordinates the technical design, development, implementation, monitoring and revision of Power Skating programs.
- Provide assistance as necessary to Marketing and Sponsorship to ensure relevant and accurate information is provided to support establishment of partnerships and external funding.
- Provide annual report on progress toward key performance indicators concerning participant/parent/coach satisfaction in Power Skating programs.
- Coordinates communication of clarification for Skate Canada staff and volunteers on rules, policies and procedures related to the delivery of Power Skating programs as appropriate.
- Other duties as required by direct Manager or Director.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE and KEY SKILLS
- Sport Management or Business Administration degree, or similar educational background or Extensive experience in the design and/or delivery of Power Skating programs
- 3-5 years minimum work experience in Power Skating programming.
- Strong background in skating and broad-based knowledge of Power Skating curriculums.
- Advanced Computer application skills - Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Above average organization skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Above average analysis skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a professional and confidential manner.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment.
- Bilingual in English/French an asset.
- Experience working with coaches and volunteers is a definite asset.
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Able to work weekends and overtime as required.
- Occasional travel within Canada to attend meetings may be required.
Candidates are asked to send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, June 17, 2014. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.