FINANCE COORDINATOR [ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE AND GENERAL SUPPORT]
Reporting to the Finance and Operations Director, the Finance Coordinator is responsible for a variety of duties in the finance area within the Finance and Operations Department. This is a full-time permanent position beginning in July 2014, in the Ottawa office.
- Administer the daily integration of financial data from other systems, such as the member management system and CRM, into the organization’s primary accounting system, Dynamics, while ensuring that the integrity of the imported data is maintained.
- Coordinate the receipt of all customer payments on account, and process against the appropriate customer accounts on a timely and regular basis, including the preparation of bank deposits.
- Review the composition of the accounts receivable on a regular basis, and identify accounts requiring follow-up. Pursue collection efforts of overdue amounts, engaging other support as appropriate, and prepare adjustments for authorization as required.
- Interface with Skate Canada clubs and skating schools and all other customers regarding account inquiries and identified issues whether verbal or written.
- Prepare invoices for special services such as sponsorship and event chargebacks, and schedule timing and amounts for related activities such as payment of commissions, and value in kind calculations.
- Prepare monthly bank account reconciliation processes on designated accounts, including the preparation and support for all adjustments required for the reconciliation.
- Support requests for processing and payment of vendor invoices, including calculation of GST/HST input tax credits assignment of account codes, review of supporting documentation; and ensuring approval by appropriate levels of signing authority.
- Support the transition and integration of a new Customer Relationship Management system with Dynamics, the organization’s primary financial and accounting system.
- Coordinate the filing of all financial documents including supplier invoices, expense reports, event and other documents, including the preparation of documents for offsite warehouse storage.
- Other duties as needed by direct Manager or Director.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE and KEY SKILLS
- Graduate from accredited college in Finance and/or three years practical work experience in a finance position;
- Ability to work both independently and in a team oriented, collaborative environment;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks with minimal supervision;
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills;
- Strong organization skills coupled with strong customer service skills;
- Highly self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail;
- Ability to provide service in both official languages is considered an asset.
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Willing and able to travel to and from the bank for business deposits.
- Able to work overtime when required.
Candidates are asked to send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Friday, July 4, 2014. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.