Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, the Content Director will provide leadership in managing the newly formed Skate Canada Production team. The Production team will be responsible for telling the stories of skating in the form of print (long and short form), images and video (high production / broadcast quality and digital format) including user-generated content. The Content Director and their team will also be accountable for the streaming of world-class live events and for in-venue entertainment.
This is a full-time permanent position anticipated to begin in July 2014 and will be based out of the Toronto office.
- Lead the Skate Canada Production team to develop the narrative theme and tell the stories of skating. These stories will take shape in print (long and short form), images, video (long and short form; high production / broadcast quality and digital format), including user-generated.
- Produce streaming of world-class live events and in-venue entertainment.
- Work with the Chief Marketing Officer on developing themes and stories effectively representing the essence of skating and the brand.
- Effectively manage, mentor and build the Skate Canada Production team into a high performing content delivery shop.
- Develop and manage a production plan to deliver on content demands.
- Oversee the inventory management of all Skate Canada historical video, images and materials.
- Ensure all content (stories, video, images, events, etc.) is well told, on brand and consistent in terms of style, quality, and tone and optimized for search.
- Cleary articulate the business goal behind the creation of a piece (or series) of content.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Undergraduate degree required
- 5-7+ years of experience leading and managing content marketing
- Exceptional technical understanding of digital technology, new media and social media platforms
- Successful track record developing and delivering creative, high quality targeted content while working within a limited budget
- Well connected to the independent production community including relationships with shooters, edit and audio talent
- Extensive experience in audio and video rights
- Experience in real time content creation, distribution strategies and tactics
- Strong writing background with an eye for amazing design
- A constant awareness of industry ground-breaking ideas, emerging technology and business solutions
- Ability to provide direction, motivation and mentorship to creative and content teams
- Ability to juggle multiple projects
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with various parts of a business to achieve results
- Excellent communication, presentation and people skills with a consultative approach.
- Enthusiatic and energetic team player
- Bilingualism (English, French) is an asset
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to travel for meetings and events as required
Candidates are asked to send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, June 25, 2014. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.